WhatsApp has over one billion active users and it’s most popular messaging app on Android Phone. Whenever I have to communicate with my friends or loved ones whatsapp is best messaging platform to do that.
There are a number of user-friendly features which have been readied to enhance user-experience. Besides, there is an option to block/unblock a contact if you no longer want to communicate with him/her. Personally, I have block a number of WhatsApp users with whom I just didn’t want to communicate with anymore because of one reasons or the other.
There have been number of times I received spam messages from unknown persons. I was able to block them easily in order to prevent them from flooding my whatsapp chat with useless messages and you know how annoying that will be. With guide below you can block such people from disturbing your peace.
How to Block a WhatsApp User on Android
1. If you don’t ever wants receive any message from an unknown person whom you want to block so that he/she won’t be able to send you anymore messages, tap on the Menu icon (three dots) from the top right corner.
2. Next up, you will have to tap on More.
3. Tap on Block.
4. You will be asked to confirm. Tap on OK in the popup screen.
Done!!! You have successfully blocked this contact.
How to Unblock a Number or Contact a WhatsApp User on Android
There have been several occasions in past when I had to unblock a WhatsApp user. Once, I had blocked one of my business partner with whom I just didn’t wish to communicate. Later, we became friends again and thought it would be better to bury all hatchets.
1. Firstly, Launch WhatsApp on your Android device.
2. Tap the menu icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Next up, you have to tap on Account.
5. Tap on Privacy.
6. Tap on Blocked Contacts, in order to see all the blocked numbers and contacts.
7. Tap on the Contact number which you wish to unblock. Tap on Unblock.
(Alternately, you can open the Contacts, search the person you have blocked, tap and hold the contact name and then tap on Unblock.)
That’s all it takes to block and unblock whatsapp contact.