In the situation that you mistakenly deleted your WhatsApp chat history, messages, and connection on Android Smartphone, you can recover them back. Take time to read and digest this article; we will teach you different ways to recover deleted WhatsApp information. You will learn today how to recover deleted chat in WhatsApp on Android phone using the chat application. There are numerous Android data recovery method which are free to download and easy to use. Let us see how the different options work and you can take your pick.
1. METHOD: Recover WhatsApp Chat History and data from recent backups
In the case where you have any previous backups of WhatsApp chat history and data, you can easily recover chat history from your backup folders. Even if you have deleted any messages or chat history without backup.
You can still recover lost messages, media files and attachments from the automatic WhatsApp backups. It is on account of WhatsApp that makes automatic data backups every 4 AM (your standard time) and stores them on your Smartphone’s internal memory (just given that there is sufficient free space) or on the phone’s microSD card. Just follow the guide below on how to do it.
◾Start with uninstalling the WhatsApp application from your device.
◾Reinstall the chat application once more. While the installation is taking place, you will see a pop-up screen asking to restore your chat history.
◾Just tap on Restore and you are done. Everything that is a week old will be restored automatically in your WhatsApp. This first method seems to be the easiest.
2. METHOD: Recover WhatsApp Chat History from old dated backups
If the first method doesn’t work for you, use this second method that is another way to retrieve your old messages. This can be done via old backups that WhatsApp makes on your Smartphone. Follow the steps given below to recover Whatsapp chats and data from the backup file.
1. Uninstall WhatsApp app from your Android device.
2. Open the WhatsApp backup folder or database on your Android device using xplore or es file manager. Select which backup file you wish to restore. It will be in an easy date format so that you know which day’s WhatsApp chat you need to restore.
3. This is important. Rename that folder/file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7“.
4. Reinstall the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
5. Tap on Restore when asked to restore.
You may notice the Whatsapp backup or database files from /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases folder. You may also find that backup files are saved with names like “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7“.
So there you have it, all the chats from whichever date you wanted. Keep in mind that WhatsApp backup folder may be stored in external memory or internal memory of your phone.