Having Duplicate Contacts on your Contacts List can be quite annoying, especially when you are in a hurry and are trying to locate a particular Contact. It is necessary to remove duplicate Contacts on your Android Phone using the default Contacts app or third party apps that can remove duplicate Contacts from your Android Phone.
Duplicate Contacts on Android Phone
Duplicate Contacts don’t just show up on your Contacts List, it’s because of different apps like Gmail, Facebook and others apps that sync their contacts onto your Android Phone.
All these apps add their own version of the Contacts to your Contacts List, leading to the duplication of Contacts when your Contacts happen to be both on Gmail, Facebook and Social Media Accounts.
Fortunately, Some Android Phones allow you to get rid of duplicate Contacts using the default Contacts app itself.
But, if your Android Phone doesn’t have this feature, you can make use of third party apps available on the Google Play Store to remove duplicate Contacts from your Android Phone.
Remove Duplicate Contacts on Android Phone Using Default Contacts App
1. Open the Contacts app on your Android Phone
4. On the next screen, you can tap on All to merge all duplicate Contacts, or go through the list and select which duplicate Contacts you want to delete.
5. Once you are done tap on Merge from the top right corner of your screen.
Remove Duplicate Contacts Using Simpler Merge App
In the situation where by your Android Phone’s Contacts app does not come with the feature to remove Duplicate Contacts, you can make use of an app called Simpler Merge to get rid of duplicate Contacts from your Contacts List.
The Simpler Merge app does not display Contacts from your SIM card by default. Hence, you will first need to enable the option to show SIM Card Contacts (steps 5 to 9).
1. Firstly, search and download the Simpler Merge from Google Play Store
2. After downloading and installing the Simpler Merge app from Google playstore
4. On the next screen select Settings
5. Next, tap on Contacts to Display
7. Next, tap on All Contacts to Show all Contacts on your SIM Card
9. The next screen will display the number of duplicate Contacts found by the app on your Android Phone. Tap on the Merge icon (See image below) to start the process of merging duplicate Contacts on your Android Phone.
10. On the next screen, tap on the Merge button
11. You will be prompted to sign up, using your Email, Facebook or Google Account
12. Once you sign up, you will see a pop-up, tap on Merge to get rid of duplicate Contacts from your Android Phone.
Done!!! You have finally get ride of duplicate Contacts on your Android Phone, if you have any query make use of our comment box.http://feeds.feedburner.com/flyerztech