This article is a guide on How to root Gionee M6 & install Twrp Recovery successfully without bricking your Android Device.
Gaining root access to Gionee M6 and installing TWRP is now possible even though the phone is one of the most secured smartphones in the world. But trust me, you can have another privileges people who root phones enjoy.
Gionee M6 (e.g M6_0103_V5506) is powered by the MT6755 (Mediatek Helio P10) SoC and runs on Android 6 (Marshmallow). The phone has a private space feature that is highly encrypted and can be locked with the owners fingerprint; making it almost impossible for another person to unlock or view what is inside.
The M6 was launched in the last quarter of 2016 along with its big brother, the Gionee M6 Plus but some users of the phone got somehow disappointed because of their inability to root the lovely device but that should be over now because I have the step by step guide on how to root Gionee M6. All thanks to team Hovatek for providing the files and TWRP.
I am not responsible if anything goes wrong on your phone as a result of wrongful application of the guidelines below. Make sure you are conversant with rooting and flashing of files on phone before trying this.
◾Gionee M6 device
◾Philz recovery .img
◾Original USB chord
◾ A charged PC
◾ Charge your M6 to at least 50%
HOW TO ROOT GIONEE M6 & INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY
There are two main steps:
1. Unlocking the Bootloader of the Gionee M6
2. Flashing the Hovatek Philz recovery.img and SuperSU.zip
- Download Philz for Gionee M6 ported by Team Hovatek
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC (See guide here
- Extract and copy the Philz recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6 using the guide here https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-17421.html
- Download SuperSU 2.78.zip at
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s internal storage
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don’t forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
- When the phone enters Fastboot, load the Philz recovery to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
fastboot boot recovery.img
- The phone should automatically boot into Philz recovery mode
- In Philz recovery, you use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select
- Select Install Zip
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.78.zip on the SD Card and select it
- Wait till flashing is complete
- If you are prompted to fix root, select No
- Reboot the phone normally
Congrat that’s all on How To Root Gionee M6 & Install Twrp Recovery, remember to share with your friends on social media.