This post will guide you on how to root Tecno Phantom 6 , Android OS has taken over from iPhone and windows mobile because of it easy root and customization. Tecno Phantom 6 was launched few weeks ago but now you can enjoy all App that requires root access in the Android smartphone. Let proceed on what is needed to get root access on your Tecno Phantom 6.
Things Need To Root Your Tecno Phantom 6
- Unlocking the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6 – The same way of unlocking Tecno Camon C9 bootloader [how to unlock the Tecno Phantom 6 bootloader)
- Twrp recovery For Tecno Phantom Download (Ported by Hovatek)
- Super SU.zip Download
- Your Brain😁
Step On How To Root Your Tecno Phantom 6
1. After unlocking your bootloader and downloading the file above copy the file “Super SU” to the root of internal storage if you don’t have SD Card or your SD card if you have.
2. Now Extract and copy the Twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
3. Then connect your phone to the PC via USB cord while ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)
4. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter fastboot
flash recovery recovery.img
5. Reboot the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
6. Boot the phone into recovery mode by switching off and using Volume up button + Power button
7. Once you enter recovery mode, use the volume button to move up and down
8. Scroll down to Install zip and select it
9. Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
10. Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it
11. Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
12. Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot
If the recovery offers to fix some errors, SELECT No.
To Make sure your phone is rooted Download “Root Checker” from playstore to verify the root access.
All credit goes to Hovatek.