A rooted Android enables you install custom recoveries, use apps full features that demands root access, control app permissions, etc.. Infact, an Android without root permission is not yet a complete Android.
In this article, i will be guiding you on how to root Tecno L9 and L9 plus without PC to enjoy the benefits of a rooted Android phone.
The Tecno L9 Plus (e.g L9Plus-H8011A1-N-170210V206) is an MT6580 powered phone running on Android 7 (Nougat)
How to root the Tecno L9 and L9 Plus
4. Copy preloader.bin from your Miracle Box backup into the Flyerstech folder
5. We are almost there : Download Philz for Tecno L9 Plus ported by Team Hovatek From Here
6. Copy the Philz recovery.bin and scatter file from the Philz zip file downloaded above into the Flyerstech folder, making peloader.bin, scatter file and recovery.bin (Philz) in the folder
7. Flash the preloader.bin and recovery.bin using Miracle Box See Here
8. Boot the phone into recovery mode after flashing
9. In Philz recovery Menu, you use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select
10. Select Install Zip
11. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.78.zip on the SD Card and select it
12. Wait till flashing is complete
13. If you are prompted to fix root, select No
14. Reboot the phone normally
15. Lastly: Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker APK